Why are we with checkatrade and how does it help you?
When you need work doing around your home, finding reputable tradesmen can be difficult. Can you really trust them? Checkatrade is a free service that gives you the background information you need to make a confident decision.
They offer a directory of trades and services who have been vetted to high standards, for example by verifying their insurance, qualifications and professional memberships. Not only that, but they also monitor contractors work on an ongoing basis by collecting feedback directly from their customers.
Since 1998 theyâ€™ve collected 382,797 customer reports which give you the facts about the strengths and weaknesses of listed companies. You know what you are getting. Recommendation, reputation, and a standard you can trust.
The Checkatrade Standard
- Checkatrade trades and services pledge to you, their customers, to:
- Be honest.
- Inform you of any call-out fees before attending the work.
- Be realistic regarding start dates and how long work will take.
- Return all phone messages you leave promptly.
- Keep all appointments booked and be on time. If unable to make original time or date, they will call you to let you know and reschedule where necessary.
- Let you know immediately if they are unable to carry out estimated work, referring you back to Checkatrade for assistance in finding another tradesperson.
- Be courteous and respectful to you, your property and your belongings.
- Keep you notified of all aspects of the work being undertaken.
- Advise you before commencing any works that generate further costs due to variation from the original contract.
- Create an additional contract for any variations to the original contract agreement, signed by both parties (you and the tradesperson).
- Never demand cash.
- Never be threatening, or verbally or physically abusive.
- Deal with any complaints promptly and professionally.